eFile California Name Change - Step by Step

1. File Petition
File the name change forms in the other family law division of district court.
2. Publish the Court Order
Publish your court Order to Show Cause for Name Change on the newspapers of general circulation once a week for four consecutive weeks.
3. Court Hearing
Contact the court clerk for your hearing details and the documents required to submit while you appear to the court.
Note: While eFiling, it is not uncommon that the filings get rejected. We kindly ask for your understanding, as document rejections can occur due to various factors like missing information, incorrect formatting, outdated documents, documents' size, etc. The court filing fees deducted from the account will be returned back to the account within 3 to 10 business days, depending on financial policies of the banks/credit companies.